Activecare Physiotherapy is committed to providing the highest quality patient centered care in a warm and nurturing environment. We will optimize your ability to achieve your rehabilitation goals by empowering you to participate and take leadership in your recovery. Each treatment program is individualized and is based on the findings of a thorough assessment completed by the health care professional.
At Activecare Physiotherapy we undertake regular continuing education in order to provide you with the most up to date treatment techniques. Our clinicians use a predominantly hands on approach while utilizing exercise prescription, and modalities to complement treatments.Our Goal
- Providing evidence based approaches to rehabilitation.
- Focus on the importance of your physical, emotional and intellectual involvement.
- Commitment to ensuring the most powerful therapeutic relationship possible.
- Return you to your optimal functional ability with significantly improved quality of life.
- Physiotherapists help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, electrotherapeutic modalities, education and advice.
- Chiropractic treatment may include a combination of various therapies aimed at restoring a patient's musculoskeletal system to facilitate recovery from injury, return to activities of daily living, and/or optimize performance.
- Massage therapy is a comprehensive intervention involving a range of techniques to manipulate the soft tissues and joints of the body.
- Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive alternative to surgery for those suffering from joint and tendon disorders.
- Acupuncture is a therapeutic intervention (a technique) that can be used as an adjunct to therapy in treating specific health dysfunctions.
- Patients are more and more frequently being referred to physiotherapy for a wide range of pelvic pain and incontinence issues.
- Vestibular rehabilitation is an exercise-based program, designed by a specialized physiotherapist, to improve balance and reduce dizziness-related problems.
- Treatments for conditions affecting the skin such as calluses, corns, warts, Athlete’s foot and fungal infections.
- Compression stockings are specialized hosiery or socks, designed to help prevent the occurrence of, and guard against further progression of venous disorders such as edema, phlebitis and thrombosis.
- Bracing is a non-invasive and economical way of treating many different types of joints.
- Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care system that uses natural therapies for prevention, treatment, and optimizes health.
- Custom foot orthotics are prescription insoles which are custom-moulded to the shape of an individual's feet with appropriate adjustments/features designed to address specific symptoms/conditions.